Your Wedding Day - Your Way!
Including Same Sex Ceremonies
There is no right way or wrong way to get married and one of the exciting trends in weddings today, is that "anything goes"! Each ceremony that I conduct is individually written, and will have your special stamp on it.
Below is a popular Order of Ceremony:
- Music Prelude - Your favorite songs
- Arrival of Bridal Party - Appropriate music
- Welcome by celebrant and introduction of him/herself
- Introduction - What marriage means to you, and the story of how you met
- Giving Away - May include, parents, friends, family
- First Reading
- Monitum - Legal words required under the Marriage Act
- Asking - The question of intent
- The Vows - A legal statement of person stating their wish to be married to the other
- Exchange of rings
- Second Reading - Optional
- Pronouncement of Marriage and The Kiss
- Signing of the register - Music playing
- Closing Words and Presentation of Marriage Certificate
There are many traditions that can be included to make your ceremony exclusively yours. Some examples are the Warming of the Rings, Hand Fasting, Sand Ceremony, Rose Ceremony, Wine Ceremony or Candle Ceremony.
Notice of Intention To Marry